Thursday, June 18, 2009

Best Food Ever

Amsterdam has become my favorite city so far. And I forgot to mention first thing I bought off the airplane was Stroopwafels (thanks schilero + cater).

Another interesting thing I haven't mentioned is the weather in London, Dublin, + Amsterdam. It has been so chilly + a teeny bit rainy. We expected it to be pretty warm, hence all our tank tops (or basketball jerseys circa 1980) + sandals. But I've been wearing layers everyday. I usually do jeans with a tank top, light jacket, + rain jacket/windbreaker. Or some variation. It is so nice though. In the afternoon the sun comes out several times + I just take of my layers. My longchamp bag is also amazing. It zips + holds a lot + is rainproof.

Scott + I caved today + bought sneakers to look less like running-sneaker-wearing-Americans. I bought some cool secondhand red pumas from this neat little boutique + Scott got random white + blue "dress" sneakers. Amsterdam is also full of lots of "shabby shit". Mom you'd love it.

One of my favorite parts of this trip is how bummy we have become. Scott's facial hair is crazy + I re-wear socks (so sorry to tell you this Barrie.) And we are even staying in this crazy little housboat. It is so neat though because it is near Nemo (a science museum) + on a big canal. We can hang out on the deck + be on this huge cool canal.

Another observation is that dogs are so well trained. In London we saw a dog running along the Thames with a tennis ball in its mouth, following his owner whom was on the other side of the sidewalk. They make Bauer + Russel look like hooligans.

So anyways today we started the day going to the Anne Frank museum. It was very interesting to see + I would recommend it to everyone. I'm glad we have come so far from that.

The rest of our time was spent eating + walking. We made a rule that we have to feel hungry to eat so between snacks we walk :) Our first snack was pancakes. OMG amazing. Best thing EVER. This is not an American pancake, but instead a gooey bit of heaven. I wish I could send them home to everyone. Ignore the cheese, we avoided it.


Next we walked for 3 hours + explored lots of Amsterdam. There are so many interesting parts. We found where young responsible adults drink, where rich older people live, where hippies smoke, + where prostitutes prostitute. Sick. We went to the bathroom in this one bar + Scott was almost seduced by transvestites. Luckily he isn't into that.

The red light district is SO weird. I can't believe these girls do that! That's all I have to say about that.

The rest of our day consisted of falafal, wok n roll stirfry noodle chicken, a cream puff(tiny), fries w mayo(a small which was HUGE), and pizza. Looking back Scott ate pretty much most of that. And he has a ten pack. Til tommorow.

No comments:

Post a Comment