Thursday, June 25, 2009

Breakfast in bed

Our B+B

We stayed at a wonderful bed + breakfast in Venice that made me swoon. They brought us croissants + hot chocolate + OJ at 9 am. Ah the life.

We spent the day wandering the streets of Venice. We went to San Marco's square but soon decided the area was too touristy + overpriced for us. So we headed back near our b+b which had a ton of cute restaurants + shops nearby. We probably ate about 6 meals in the course of 8 hours, but hey we were soaking up the culture.

Our first meal was quite the disappointment. Scott got a pizza with egg + I got tortillini with meat sauce (aka chef boyardee). After this meal we wandered to San Marco's, decided we liked our previous area + preceded to wander back. Wandering consists of randomly picking little side roads, asking directions on every corner, + somehow making it to our destination! Since venice is known for glass blowing, I bought a wine stopper. I'm not sure if it really works because we tried it in a bottle of wine + it didn't stay. Ha.

Our next meal was a spinach + ricotta torte thing that was decent but I have had better.
We stopped in at our hotel for a bathroom break + to freshen up. Most amazing shower of the trip. I definitely loved our hotel.

We continued on for a bottle of wine at a cafe + the very nice man gave us some prosciutto on bread sticks just because. I think the Italians are so nice! Our next stop was the cafe with the dog, who I loved loved loved! He didn't feel the same way, especially when I was holding him.

We then had gnocchi with tomato sauce(an appetizer to dinner), which was actually quite delicious.

Our last meal included chicken (Scott) + gnocchi with cheese (me). Yum.

After sampling venice's cuisine, I consulted with Catie who reaffirmed my fears that Venice's food is not the 'best of Italy'. We are on a water taxi to Florence right now + I certainly hope Florence proves to be more delicious than Venice.

Scott is currently leaning over the rail on the back of the water taxi bc he had a little too much wine too drink last night. Don't worry mom + dad, I am wide awake + ready to see 'David'.

No comments:

Post a Comment