Sunday, June 14, 2009

Stonehenge + Bath

So Scott + I head out at 8 am to get to our pickup spot for our daytrip by 8:50AM. Supposed to be a 10 minute walk but of course we got lost + were wandering aimlessly. People kept pointing us in the same direction and we thought we were going the right way. Well at about 8:43, I randomly see our Anderson Tour bus drive by, so I flag them down + we get on. Turns out we were absolutely nowhere near the pickup point. But hey we got lucky :)

So on the bus of course I start feeling sick + I literally thought I was going to die of nausea. I finally passed out + then when I woke up an hour and a half later, we were at Stonehenge.

Took some pictures, ate a tuna sandwich. Back on the bus for another hour + then we got to Bath. We saw the Roman Baths + then of course ate food (tapas). Window-shopped for a while, took a nap at the park + saw some people playing Bocceball (sp?).
Got back on the bus at 4pm + we drove back to London. Got in around 7ish + start searching for food. I was trying to convince Scott to go to an Indian restaurant but he hated it the last time I made him go to one. So then he sees a Lebanese restaurant + he wants to go. I think Lebanese is pretty similar to Indian, but hey at least I got what I wanted. We ate in the park + now we are getting ready for bed. So exhausted.


Tomorrow we are going to the National History Museum in the morning, then a walking tour of London, then Avenue Q at night.

2 comments:

  1. You are becoming a seasoned traveler, recognizing that plans often go astray but thats when your adaptability quotient kicks in. Not a good idea to sleep in a park unless Scott's got your back.


    lauren let us know if your phone is finally working. Alexis sent you and Scott detailed instructions on how to get international reception today after she talked to sprint again today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get my e-mails? Follow the instructions carefully and it should work.

    ReplyDelete