Monday, July 13, 2009

9:30 am

After the beach, we got lunch/dinner. Laura + Linds definitely don't eat as often as I'm used to, though they definitely eat way worse than I do. They are on pretty "budgets", so going out to eat isn't their main priority. But, they didn't eat out as much before I came so they could do it more with me.

So we all split this family combo at a pizza place. We got a pizza w chicken + pineapple, chicken nuggets + fries, a Mediterranean salad, + a jug (pitchers are called jugs here) of soda. They were so happy to have diet coke.
Then we started shopping. It is pretty funny how they are trying to save money + then they are oodling over chanel makeup. Lindsay was like, "I could probably afford this lipgloss....right?" So after leaving the makeup store, we went to some clothing shops. They got a couple things + I got a cute black dress.
(This is an unposed shot)

I also bought an australia beach towel...pretty pumped about that. We went home to shower + get ready to go out. While Lindsay was showering, Laura + I started doing aerobics. For about 20 minutes we did a kind of kickboxing class. Basically we were just running in place + trying to move. Lindsay came out of the shower + thought we were ridiculous. Then she joined in. The boys who are staying in our apartment thought we were also ridiculous + had no idea what was going on when they heard all this banging above their heads (they were downstairs in the kitchen/living room).
Our place is great, it even comes with a huge case of dvds. Pretty cool. We are watching Harold + Kumar go to Guantanamo Bay. Anyways, so we went out, had fun, + then woke up really early. Lindsay claimed it was 930, and I was like "no it is 730". She convinced me otherwise, until I looked at her watch 5 mins later + it said 735. We made fun of her for that one.
Out

We went out to get breakfast + got a mango smoothie + then went to the grocery store to get stuff to make. We got eggs, bacon, toast, noodles, sauce, tuna, hummus, tzaziki, juice + lots of other things. Laura made breakfast, we turned on the movie, + are almost ready for a nap.

1 comment:

  1. Lauren
    I am a friend of Scotts mom. We worked together at Silver Ridge. My husband and I have traveled a lot and so when Susan invited me to see your blog I did and am loving it. We have traveled to all the areas you have been too. Right now we rented an apartment in Paris for a month and having a great time. When you get home; I would love to chat with you. We return on July 23. Keep on writing I am really enjoying it. Want to know how the phone/blackberry thing works!!

    ReplyDelete