Saturday, July 25, 2009

KL airport

A 9 hour lay-over doesn't have to be miserable. Here's what I did to keep myself entertained for the first 7...

Flight landed a little late around 330 pm. Went through customs. On a bus to the other KL airport by 420 pm. At the other airport around 440 pm. Bought some pringles. Ate Malaysian food. Didn't like it so just ate the spinach + some steamed rice, avoiding the really spice peppers (trust me on that) + weird things on my plate. Decided to eat the pringles. I remember being amazed when I was little because the slogan for pringles was "once you pop, you just can't stop" + I thought it was so true. Re-enacted my childhood. Felt disgusting.

Decided to exercise. Got some very good exercise after walking with my 35+ lb backpack + 10 pound purse for a while. Took a break. Walked for another 15 minutes. Changed from my jeans to a flowy skirt. Discovered my toothpaste had leaked everywhere. Occupied myself for 20 minutes cleaning my toiletry bag. Read some of my favorite blogs from 6:30-8:30. I was SO glad I hadn't been keeping up with all my blogs while I was away, because this really entertained me. Around 830 I took another walk. Bought a bottle of water after my 30 minute walk. Finally could check in at 9. Checked my bag...yay it is going all the way to jfk! Went through customs. Met a nice Indian man who wanted to talk medicine. Stopped for a coffee + smoked salmon and egg foccacia sandwich. And here I am at 945pm. 2 hours until lift off. It is technically 1145pm Australian + I'm hoping this coffee will keep me up until I arrive in Korea early in the morning where I will have a short layover (3 hrs!!) + a hopefully a 14 hour bedtime on the flight to jfk. Luckily I napped a good 4 hours during today's flight so I still have energy. Also, please pray for me for personal tvs on the next 2 flights. Delta + international means there have to be, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment