Saturday, July 25, 2009

Flying

Just got off my 8 hour trip from Coolangatta to kl. Luckily I found out in Coolangatta that there are actually 2 international airports in KL. And of course my next one is at the other airport. Luckily I have about 7 + 1/2 hours til the next one. At least this gives me something to do for a little bit :)

I tried to stay up as late as possible last night. Managed to stay up until 11pm. Woke up at 630 am + threw my stuff together. I enjoyed an egg mcmuffin for breakfast. Thank goodness, because I couldn't muster the courage to waste half the cash I have left on unpalatable malaysian plane food. I had gotten Vita whole wheat crackers last night, just in case. I ate about a third of the box for "lunch". Its 3pm KL time + 5pm australian time. I'm hungry! Hoping the new airport looks legit enough to use my credit card at. This is definitely my longest layover, so Ill be fine getting home with about $15...it would just be nice if I could take cash out with my debit card. Have I mentioned I hate Bank of America.

By the time I get to JFK in about 30 hours, that 3 hour flight is going to seem like a 5 minute bus ride. I already determined getting home is going to be 30 hours of flying. Not including the approximately 20 hours of waiting. Oh the joys of changing travel plans last minute.

So I got on my flight painlessly. I love Air Asia, they always let me carry on my bag despite it being obviously oversized. One less thing to worry about. I forgot that I had bought a tiny thing of jam from the exotic fruit farm. Well, going through security they stopped me for that. It took my about 10 minutes to find it in my meticulously packed (aka crammed, bursting, lopsided backpack) + it turned out to be 10 ml too big. The guy was really nice though + let me keep it! Much better than my last experience at that airport (jetstar/$80 bag).

Well I got my seat + immediately fell asleep. I woke up an hour + half later. Read for a couple hours, fell back asleep for another couple hours, read, fell asleep. I'm at page 400 of my 600 page book I started a couple days ago. Luckily I have 2 more. So the flight went by easily. Next one to Seoul, south korea is about 6 or 7 hrs. Then the killer...13 hrs 50 min from seoul to jfk. And 3 hour from jfk to orlando. And of course a 2 hour 45 min drive home (all your fault scott!) Its never gonna end. Looking foward to being home!

1 comment:

  1. I just checked your flights and the one from KL to Seoul is an Airbus A330-300; breakfast included. I also checked the flight from Seoul to JFK. It's a 777-300 -- a long range aircraft. You get dinner. I'm thinking you should get more than dinner for being in the air almost 14 hours. Both are operated by Korean Air and they both have "entertainment." See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete