Thursday, July 16, 2009

Gosh Darn Rosemary

After our wonderful day at the wildlife sanctuary, we went on home to see Lindsay. She enjoyed her day of rest.

We hung around for a little while + then went for a walk to get some dinner. Lindsay got subway while Laura, Tim (one of the boys staying with us), + I got Indian. Laura + I split chicken curry + chicken tandoori with naan + steamed rice. It was so good.

After dinner, we decided to go watch the rugby game at an Irish Bar. I was suprised how cool the sport it. Its like soccer combined with football (except lacking the protective outfit.) We obviously took too much time getting ready, so we only saw the last bit of the game. At a different bar we were at after, they were replaying the game + I actually watched a lot of it.

Australia has hair irons in the bathrooms :)

We went home pretty early, with a stop for falafel on the way. We woke up at 9am (earliest I've woken up in Australia yet) + took the bus to Coolangatta, where we have a flight tomorrow morning.

Leaving Surfer's Paradise

When we got off the bus, we saw a hostel so we went in + got a room. It is probably the nicest hostel room I've stayed in all trip (not including all the hotels I've stayed in). Its very new + clean + even has crown molding. Only thing is that its a communal bathroom that isn't so nice. No shower for us tonight!

We dropped off our bags + explored the little town. It is pretty cute with lots of secondhand stores. I got 3 new books at a bookstore, which I'm saving for the plane ride(ssssss) home. We also stopped at a really cute granoly-ish store with lots of dried fruits, nuts, + chocolates. We stocked up on dried apricots, banana chips, dehydrated apple slices, + of course chocolate covered blueberries, strawberries, + raisins. Yum.

Then we walked along the beach + made our way home a while later to nap. We woke up a couple hours later (around 6pm) + went out for dinner. We walked along the restaurants across from the beach + then ended up choosing a really great burger place called 'Grilled'. I got a cheeseburger with an egg + we all shared really good fries covered in rosemary, which we dipped in herb mayo. I was completely stuffed after. More so than I have been in the past month. Weird considering how much I've been eating.

We walked home + then enjoyed the internet at our hostel. I was so excited because it was only 830pm so I had lots of time to play around + because there were USB slots so I could upload some pictures. I tried this card converter thing of Scott's (you stick the sd card in + then plug it into the usb port) + it just wouldn't work. There was a slot for the sd card, so I put it in the computer + it wasn't working. Then I decided to just use my extension cord that connects to my camera. So I put the card back in + then my camera said "card error" + I freaked out. Luckily only my Australia pics were on this card, as I brought 3 different ones for each place in case of losing one or damaging one as I had just done.

So I am SO upset + run back to the room where Lindsay + Laura were. I guess when I'd put it into the computer alone, little pieces of the plastic on the little gold end had been broken. So Laura tore the remaining ones off + put it back in my camera (as I cried on my bed) + it worked!!!! Obviously it wouldn't be the end of the world, but all our wildlife sanctuary pictures were on that card as Laura's camera had died that day, + I really wanted them. And I am kind of obsessed with picture taking as most of my friends know. I'd estimate I've already taken about 6000-10,000 photos on my trip.

So anyways, I went + uploaded a couple pictures through the camera cord + then went and bought more time on the internet because I was having so much fun. I switched over to Lindsay's computer (and saved all my + Ozi + Thailand pics to it as well), + then added some more pics to my blog. It took a little while, though Lindsay has a tiny labtop that was new to me, but I got some up, so enjoy!

I'm about to go to bed (Linds was sound asleep by 9 + Laura 10 + now its 1130) + the music from the hostel bar is BLARING. Good thing I'm not a picky sleeper. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. great pic's, especially of the lorakeets. can't wait to see the others when you return.

    ReplyDelete