Monday, July 6, 2009

Shout-out to my blackberry

My last post got me thinking, and since we are still waiting for the ferry with nothing else to do but play with our phones, I would like to let everyone know how much better blackberries are for traveling than Iphones.

Scott + Marissa both have Iphones, while I have a blackberry world phone. For $40/month(extra), I get unlimited data (bbm + internet). For $200/month(extra) Iphones get 40 kb(actually I have no idea if it is mb or kb but I know it is 40). That lasts about a day if you use your phone as much as I do.

Therefor, if you have an Iphone + don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money, you use wifi for free. But, as I have learned traveling through Europe + Thailand (which is a VERY touristy place), wifi is pretty rare (1/4 hotels have it + 50:50 chance it is free). Some restaurants do have it.

My blackberry, however, has worked in every single place I have been, except when we were trekking through the jungles outside chiang mai, where the hilltribes obviously don't have internet. So, considering how often I am waiting on a bus, train, tuk-tuk, boat, at an airport, etc....my blackberry has literally been amazing. It keeps me entertained, it gives me directions to places, it allows me to research, connect to hostelworld, + most importantly lets me blog whenever I want.

So, one more reason blackberries > Iphones.

Update 7.29.09: I got the new blackberry Tour and can not wait to use it abroad

3 comments:

  1. Got the Sprint bill today. You have you 70,000 international data whatevers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually your blackberry costs about $40 per month (part of the family package) plus an additional $40 for the international unlimited data feature. Still a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaa gooo blackberries! p.s. make me thai food immediately! p.p.s tomorrow is third day of work :D

    ReplyDelete