Sunday, July 26, 2009

Its the flight that never ends

It goes on + on my friend. So, after getting through customs, getting my bag, + eating it was almost time to board my plane. I was happily in my plane seat, when they announced that while loading the luggage, the slide on the emergency exit got knocked off + they need to repair it. So we de-planed + were scheduled to leave at 430pm instead of 225pm. It was already 3, so I used my free meal to get starbucks. Of course the machine that printed out the vouchers ran out of paper, so everyone waited in a really long line. Luckily this process took an hour, which landed me at 4 + it was time to board. Upon sitting in my seat, I immediately fell asleep. When I woke up a little later + looked at my watch I was surprised it was 5 and we weren't moving. Apparently they forget to tell the "people" that we were leaving at 430, so we had to wait until about 545. We finally left + I went back to sleep. I was awoken by screams + freaked out as the plane swayed + went through turbulence. Turns out about 15 children got scared. Went back to sleep + slept the rest of the flight. Landed around 8, but oops someone was parked in our spot. Let's just hope my backpack gets to Orlando, because that would just be the icing on the cake.

But let me be positive: At least it wasn't one of my earlier flights because they could have messed up my schedule seriously. For example flight from Australia to kl was in no way connected to the rest + I would have had a really expensive problem if I missed my kl flight. Also, I slept pretty much the entirety of the last flight, since getting on the plane the 2nd time to landing. Meaning 3 + 1/2 hours. And also, while waiting to get off this plane, I've had enough time to write this blog.

Can't be happier to FINALLY be in Florida after 51 hours. Remind me to plan more efficiently next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment