Thursday, July 23, 2009

Woops

So apparently my flight is tomorrow morning not this morning. One more day in Australia with Laura + Lindsay!!!

Yesterday we didn't do much but eat. We headed to the lagoon in the morning. I got eggs + toast for breakfast. I had really been missing them. After some laying out, we enjoyed a champagne toast at a trendy bar/restaurant at the pier. We got to lay on these big couch thingies + relaxed with some delicious dips + bread. We did some shopping (I got some didgeridoos) + then headed back to our hostel to shower + get ready for our last night out.

Bye, bye me! Psych.

We ate my final dinner at a thai place + I had the spiciest curry ever. Lindsay shared her pad thai with me + helped me eat it ... what a pal :)

The best part of our thai dinner ... the fruity drinks

Since my shuttle was picking me up at 430 am, we decided to just stay out until then. Well, I got a little tired + decided to get some rest. When I woke up at 630 am, I freaked out. Threw my bag together + ran downstairs. This really nice french guy at reception helped me look up flights + got me a taxi to get to the airport. Upon arrival at the check-in counter, I learned that my flight was actually tomorrow morning at 620. Thank goodness! I ended up being so lucky. Not sure how I messed that one up. So tonight we are going to set several alarms. I might not even go to sleep!

The nice french guy insisted upon taking my picture while I was waiting (I didn't even ask!)

So I got back to the hostel + Laura + Lindsay were so suprised! We checked out + headed down to the lagoon. I had an egg mcmuffin + hash brown for breakfast. Figure I might as well end this trip with a bang :) I napped at the lagoon, we shopped around, had some chips + queso + then went to check in at our new hostel, Gilligans. It is much closer + way better. Can't believe we didn't move sooner. It is clean + has air conditioning + a separate shower + toilet room. We only have 1 roommate who we have barely seen.

It literally took an hour to check in. They were SO slow. So then we go upstairs, but turns out that our keys didn't work. So we gave up + went back to our first hostel to get our backpacks. We went back to the new hostel + put our bags down. Then we booked a shuttle for me, I called jetstar to add a bag to my flight (ridiculous...make sure you pay to check a bag when you book a flight with them). We went to a supermarket + Lindsay and I split bread, cheese, + hummus.

Then we went back to our room + showered and finally took a nap. What a long day!!! It was 4 pm. We woke up around 630pm + headed out for my "last" dinner. Hope it really is my last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment