Sunday, July 26, 2009

Around the world

I've officially flown around the world + I'm really sick of this view...


The rest of my KL layover consisted of powerwalking through a plethora of designer stores (Chanel, Hermes, Gucci). The plane ride itself consisted of 5 hours of reading. When I finished my book, I realized I was the only one with the light on. So I decided to just watch the movie on the big tv. It turned out to be the end of "17 Again", + then nothing else turned on after. Since I felt bad leaving the light on in the middle of the night, + I was beyond tired, I enlisted my only source of entertainment, a watermelon lollypop. I tried to keep my straining eyes open + then amazingly after 20 minutes, the plane lights turned on + breakfast was served. The rest of the flight consisted of eating a yucky omelette on a croissant + talking to the Korean man next to me. He works for the embassy in Afghanastan. Interesting. Unfortunately, I find it kind of hard to understand other peoples accents, he was talking so softly, + I am partially deaf. So there was a lot of me nodding + pretending I understood him.

Our plane was on time + it took about 10 minutes to get through transit. I was so tired, until magically a line of macbooks were awaiting me. Free internet at Seoul airport, definitely reccomend that place! With a coffee, I spent the next 2 and a half hours reading blogs + facebook + then made my way to the plane. I usually try to wait to fall asleep until after I can recline, but that wasn't happening. The first 3 hours were in + out of sleep. I had this weird korean meal. It was steamed rice with a plate of 5 weird things (spinach, chicken?, octopus, fishy stuff, + who knows else). There were 3 tiny pieces of veggies + some curry paste (?). So I combined what I liked + actually enjoyed the uniqueness of the experience. Dessert were "rice cakes", these doughy balls with weird paste inside...I passed. I occupied my time with "Confessions of a Shopaholic", "House", "Tale of Desperado" + another nap. We also got these pizza sticks that were actually good for airplane food. Next up was the new renee zellweger movie where she goes to montana, followed by "wedding daze". Considering I watch maybe one movie a month during my normal life, 4 in 14 hours isn't too shabby. Last thing about the plane. I was sitting next to a korean girl, about 12, who was so cute. We didn't really talk but she slept for a lot of the flight + would accidently put her head on my shoulder...pretty cute. We also got a dinner which was some shrimp + veggie rice thing with salad. So excited to eat real food!

Suprisingly this flight went by faster than the 7 hour one. The combo of sleeping + tvs make everything better. Currently on my 43rd hour of traveling home, 5 more to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment